Boost Natural Immunity
A healthy immune system is your best defense. 80% is in your gut. Learn about natural remedies. Don’t overuse antibiotics or vaccines. Address chronic infections. Integrate natural remedies into your daily lifestyle. Keep an eye on Chinese and Ayurvedic herbology and food practices, and naturopathic medicine.
THE NATURAL IMMUNITY LIST
Handpicked. From education to self-care solutions.
01. Beyond cell wars
It is time to disarm the military metaphor of the body as a battleground, with immune cells as the first line of defense.
02. When germs make you healthy
Roughly one in 13 people has an autoimmune disease—a disorder in which the immune system that usually protects us from pathogenic microbes instead attacks our own body—such as Crohn’s, Lupus, ulcerative colitis and rheumatoid arthritis. Why? And what’s to be done?
03. Educate your immune system
Our bodies are confused by 21st-century environmental toxins, antibiotics, vaccines and herbicides and pesticides on food. Learn how to educate your immune system to adapt.
04. Early life exposure to antibiotics is related to increased risk of allergies later in life
Studies were included that assessed the association between antibiotic consumption during the first 2 years of life and the risk of eczema or hay fever later in life.
05. Swelling obesity rates may be tied to childhood antibiotic use
As the threat of drug-resistant superbugs spreads, researchers are concerned that the overuse of antibiotics may cause another, even larger public health problem: childhood obesity.
06. Glyphosate herbicide found in childhood vaccines
Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto’s flagship herbicide Roundup and hundreds of other herbicides, has been found in vaccines.
07. Can GMO food cause immunity to antibiotics?
A British study found traces of modified DNA in bacteria in the small intestines of volunteers who ate just one meal containing genetically modified soya. Is GMO food safe for a healthy microbiome?
08. Vaccination during pregnancy: Is it safe?
Pregnant women used to be encouraged to avoid any toxic exposure to the developing fetus. Today, flu vaccines with mercury preservative are marketed to pregnant women. What changed? And what's at stake for mother and child?
09. Pregnant moms’ immune response to viruses may increase risk of autism
Study's findings may lead to future therapeutic applications during pregnancy
10. Dr. Boyd Haley: Autism, mercury & thimerosal in vaccines
Thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative used in vaccines, is highly toxic. This danger becomes worse when combined with aluminum (as it often is in vaccines), when taken while on antibiotics, when taken while sick, and when taken by someone with genetic risk factors. And yet none of these contraindications are given.
11. What’s really in vaccines? Mercury, MSG, formaldehyde and aluminum
A list of dangerous ingredients used in vaccines (called adjuvants), including mercury, MSG, formaldehyde and aluminum. Best read before injecting.
12. Immunologists show the appendix has a use after all
The appendix has long had a reputation as a redundant organ with no real function, but nothing could be further from the truth. New research shows the immune function of this misunderstood organ, located where the small intestine dumps food waste into the colon for elimination. Innate lymphoid cells (ILCs) stored in the appendix protect against infection.
13. What you need to know about vitamin D and its impact on your immune system
The widespread deficiency of Vitamin D is disconcerting, because Vitamin D plays so many roles in healthy metabolism and immunity. In fact, it can be a determining factor in whether or not you develop an autoimmune disease and cancer.
14. High quality evidence suggests Vitamin D can reduce asthma attacks
New research from randomized trials found that taking an oral vitamin D supplement is likely to reduce severe asthma attacks.
15. List of minerals important for immune system health
These mineral nutrients are immune boosting powerhouses. And many aren't in the soil anymore due to industrial agricultural practices. You may want to supplement.
16. How breast milk cultures a baby’s gut (and gut microbes)
We now recognize more and more that factors in breast milk influence the gut microbiota, which in turn sets up the immune system to have fewer chronic illnesses later in life.
17. Breastmilk: The movie
We are often told that breast milk is better. Better for babies, better for mothers, better for nutrition, for immunity, for health, well-being, and society. See for yourself.
18. Exploring the diverse immune factors found in human breastmilk
Nature has developed the perfect substance to help support your infant’s developing immune system – breastmilk.
19. How to hack your immune system
Most of us looking to optimize our health get bombarded with information on hormones, gut health and detoxification. But we rarely hear very much about the immune system. The goal of this article is to give you some basic information on how our immune system works and how to improve upon it.
20. Never get sick again
13 underground immune boosting strategies you’ve probably never heard of
21. Ginseng could be an effective way to prevent the flu
Research has begun to investigate therapeutic and pharmacological uses of Ginseng, including anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory properties. It may also be a very effective way of preventing the flu.
22. Medicinal mushrooms
The stand-out benefits of medicinal mushrooms include their antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumour, and antioxidant capabilities.
23. Ancient healers: Adaptogens
Unlike a pharmaceutical that push effect one aspect of the body, adaptogens do what is needed to bring the system back into harmony. The name describes how they help the body adapt to stress. See what adaptogen might be a good match for you.
24. Top 10 benefits of shilajit
Shilajit literally means “rock of life” and is considered the cornerstone of Ayurveda and one of the world’s most beneficial foods.
25. Hacking your health with bees
From raw honey to royal jelly and venom, new evidence suggests bees and their byproducts can help boost your immune system.
26. The scientific case for cold showers
Chilly water increases blood circulation, releases endorphins, and could make you a more productive human—if you can handle it.
27. Fasting for three days can regenerate entire immune system, study finds
Although fasting diets have been criticised by nutritionists for being unhealthy, new research suggests starving the body kick-starts stem cells into producing new white blood cells, which fight off infection.
28. 10 natural antibiotics that fight infection
Pharmaceutical antibiotics end up doing more harm than good as they kill beneficial bacteria as well. Here are 10 natural antibiotics that may already be in your kitchen.
29. 12 ways to support your immune system naturally
In a world where toxins run rampant and exposure is difficult to avoid, we really need to take extra precautions to support our immune systems naturally.
30. Why homeopathy makes sense and works
A great introductory article for advocates or skeptics of homeopathy...
31. How to treat a weak immune system with aromatherapy
Many essential oils have a remarkable ability to both support the immune system and increase one’s rate of healing. Some of these same essential oils are also powerful antiseptics.
32. More than a scent: Essential oils aid the immune system
Today we think of essential oils as mere pleasant additions to a relaxing massage. But in olden days, some cultures valued oils even more than gold because their powerful healing properties were known.
33. An apple cider vinegar tonic that will boost your health
This one is full of natural ingredients that, when combined, create a powerful elixir to combat nasty viruses and bolster the immune system.
33. 8 Proven Colloidal Silver Benefits
How colloidal silver boosts immunity.
34. How to make Bone Broth
Anti-inflammatory, Immune Booster, Ancient Superfood
35. Boost your immunity with this 2-minute acupressure routine
Whether we’re talking about the flu, and hence its immunity-boosting ability, or back pain, acupuncture makes us stronger so that we can naturally resist illness and pain.
36. Tasmanian devil milk fights superbugs
Milk from Tasmanian devils could offer up a useful weapon against antibiotic-resistant superbugs, according to Australian researchers.
38. Can Qi Gong boost your immune system?
Recent studies, however, have evaluated the long-held belief that qigong improves immune system functioning – a characteristic that can be measured and quantified.
39. The CBD user’s manual: Everything you need to know about marijuana’s most medicinal molecule
Brush up your knowledge on Marijuana, thanks to Project CBD.
40. Autoimmune diseases: How does cannabis help?
Not only is the plant effective at relieving some of the pain and uncomfortable symptoms of autoimmune disease, but it is showing a lot of potential as a powerful immunomodulatory. So how does the herb actually work?
41. Your grandma needs to be smoking pot
Scientists found evidence that the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), may be able to remove the buildup of a toxic protein linked to Alzheimer’s.
42. Study: Here’s how cannabis could help your body fight off cancer
Cannabinoids work synergistically with the body’s immune system to stop cancer, unlike traditional treatments which destroy the immune system in the process of stopping cancer.
43. Holistic cancer research: Marijuana, THC and hemp oil
44. A cure for metastatic cancer?
GcMAF is a research-proven cancer therapy—a human protein that activates specific immune cells (macrophages) that attack and destroy cancer cells.
45. GcMAF: The latest discovery in natural cancer treatments
An Italian molecular biologist, Marco Ruggiero, has invented a new ‘drug’, which is showing very promising results in reversing not only cancer, but autism, autoimmune diseases, Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis, kidney disease, HIV and other chronic illnesses as well.
46. Treating Lyme Disease
Multiple factors led to an increased prevalence of Lyme Disease. This article describes the interplay of neurotoxins, co-infections, oral vitality, autoimmunity, and psychological trauma and how to sequence treatment to address each case.
47. Ultraviolet light robot kills Ebola in 2 minutes
While vaccine manufactures and drug companies take each disease and opportunity to bring chemical interventions to the market, a natural way to prevent the spread of viruses already exists.