Keep your hair on your head, your feet warm at night and your sex drive high. Thyroid health, adrenal health, and fertility depend on good nutrition, including good fats and enough minerals, to balance your hormones for physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
THE BALANCE HORMONES LIST
Handpicked. From education to self-care solutions.
01. What you need to know about your thyroid health
Meet your thyroid, one of the largest endocrine glands, greatly influences almost every cell in your body.
02. What does thyroid disease feel like?
Putting thyroid disease into perspective with shared experiences.
For those wanting some powerful edutainment… artist Maggie Hadleigh-West exposes her determined thirty-year struggle to regain her spiraling health stemming from a thyroid problem.
04. The nutrient deficiency that no one has heard of, but almost everyone has
Magnesium governs our pituitary health and without it we produce less of the hormones like fsh (follicular stimulating) lh (luteinizing) and tsh (thyroid stimulating) that signal other glands in your endocrine system to perform at their best.
05. The delicate balance of iodine in thyroid health
What can we say about iodine that is not merely speculative and might affect their thyroid condition or prevent one?
06. Exposure to flame retardants linked to changes in thyroid hormones
Pregnant women with higher blood levels of a common flame retardant had altered thyroid hormone levels, a result that could have implications for fetal health.
07. Dirty dozen endocrine disruptors
Here are 12 of the worst hormone disrupters, how they do their dirty deeds, and some tips on how to avoid them.
08. Top 10 adrenal fatigue facts made easy
Adrenal fatigue is real and related to hormone balance.
09. Adrenal fatigue Rx
A really intriguing explanation into what really might cause adrenal fatigue… a brain injury.
10. Estrogen dilemma: There Is no dilemma when you know the details
Bio-identical hormones when delivered biomimically and monitored to be in sync with your body will have a dramatic effect on your whole mental balance as well as body balance.
11. How chronic stress leads to hormone imbalance
Stressing out has a huge impact on health including PMS, low libido, irregular periods, low thyroid function, osteoporosis and infertility.
12. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) & breast cancer: what you need to know
HRT is either a godsend or a curse for the long-term health and well-being of menopausal women. The reason for this is that there is a lot of confusion out there about HRT.
13. Andropause (a.k.a. “manopause”, male menopause)
From man boobs to erectile dysfunction to low testosterone levels… menopause for men is real. Listen to this podcast.
14. Early menopause is more than annoying
Women who experience hot flashes and night sweats earlier in life are more likely to die from cardiovascular disease than women with later-onset menopausal symptoms, a new study finds.
15. When missed periods are a metabolic problem
The hormonal disorder known as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome affects around 10 percent of women, but scientists are only just beginning to understand it.
16. Thyroid cancer and mobile phone usage
Emerging research shows EMF is impacting our thyroid function.
17. Water fluoridation may increase risk of underactive thyroid disorder
A large study that looked at data from nearly every general medical practice in england suggests that water fluoridation may increase the risk of developing hypohyroidism or underactive thyroid.
18. Is melatonin the link between sleep and breast cancer?
The hormone melatonin appears to suppress the growth of breast cancer tumors, say researchers.
19. Low thyroid hormone raises risk for Type 2 diabetes
People with prediabetes and low thyroid function were more than twice as likely to progress to full-blown type 2 diabetes compared to those with normal thyroid-hormone levels in a new study.
20. 10 ways to balance your hormones naturally
A great read from Dr. Josh Axe that covers hormone imbalance symptoms and causes to solutions.
21. 10 things that stopped my thyroid hair loss
A thorough walk-through of what you can do to stop hair loss and reboot hair growth.
22. Balancing your hormones! Can it slow down the aging process?
While our hormones naturally decline with age, it is many of our diet and lifestyle choices that speed up the process of declining hormones, and this speeds up the ageing process. So what can we do?
23. Dr. Sara Gottfried, MD: Hormone alchemy
Listen to this podcast to learn how to biohack your way to happy hormones.
24. 5 natural ways to balance your hormones
For the past few years, hormone replacement therapy has become a well-publicized and highly debated topic, and many women are looking for natural alternatives to “standard” hormone therapy.
25. Yoga for rejuvenating thyroid glands
Join Samara Chopra as she demonstrates yogic techniques that actively massage and stimulate the thyroid gland.
26. Are gender-bending chemicals causing gender-bending confusion?
Welcome to a Brave New World… How much of this gender confusion is due to gender-bending chemicals in the environment? Our hormones are getting very mixed signals due to the amount of xenoestrogens in our environment.
27. How to balance your hormones naturally during menopause and perimenopause
There are wrist and ankle acupressure points to balance your hormones.
28. How to treat female hormonal acne naturally & get clear skin
Explore the common causes and natural remedies to treat female hormonal acne and promote clear skin
29. Sleep and testosterone
Hey guys, a new extra hours of sleep can double your testosterone
30. 14 ways to naturally increase your testosterone
31. Dose of oxytocin may make men feel spiritual
Hormone oxytocin, dubbed the “love hormone” for its role in promoting social bonding, altruism, and more, may also support men’s spirituality.
32. Want to lose fat? Count your hormones, not your calories
Calories don’t control metabolism — hormones do. Calories don’t determine what type of weight you will lose and where you may lost it from— hormones do.
33. Saliva: Secret ingredient in the best kisses
Balanced hormones= healthier saliva= sexier kissing.
34. Ashwagandha: Sexual healing herb
Insight into other health benefits of Ashwagandha, its garden behavior and some enjoyable ways to introduce Ashwagandha into our daily lifestyles
35. Orgasm balances your hormones, according to Hippocrates + modern research
36. Restore hormonal balance for improved fertility
A long but thorough article on hormone balance for conception
37. Sunshine vitamin regenerates and detoxifies your hormones
Sometimes called the 'sunshine vitamin' because it is found in high levels in citrus fruits, vitamin C has a uniquely regenerative role in hormone health and cancer prevention that has been overlooked for over twenty years
38. Zinc’s powerful hormone balancing
Zinc’s powerful hormone balancing properties can help improve prostate health and prevent male pattern baldness.
39. 5 reasons to sleep naked
…that all lead back to hormone balance. We’re taking off our clothes right now.